Friday, March 15, 2013

Day 14: 233.8


Day 14:  03-15-2013 



Goal! Goal! Goal! Goooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaal!  I woke up this morning to a few unpleasant things, but they were made all better when I stepped on the scale.  Today, I have officially begun "The Dwindling!".    I am saying goodbye to the fat guy.  Or at least the fairly chubby guy.  My accursed broad shoulder have always made my appearance deceiving when it comes to weight.  As of today, I am down a total of 12.2 pounds in the last 14 days.

I know it seems like a lot, but I am not starving myself.  I am eating roughly 2000 calories a day, give or take.   The thing is, almost all of the 2000 calories are coming from a variety of whole plant based foods.  Brown rice, beans, fruits, vegetables, roots, and grains.  I am also running like mad.   I have yet to complete the 4 mile circuit I have chosen for my baseline track, but still.  I don't think hitting 4 miles doing run/walk intervals is too shabby.

What next?  How do I keep from getting stale?  My plan is to increase my running interval by 15 seconds every time I hit a weight goal.   That means 1 minute walking rest for every 2:45 second steady run.  My hope is that as time goes by I will be going further between rests until I no longer need them.  I am also going to add in 2 days a week in the complex gym for a few minutes after my run.  Just to balance out the workout.  Add some push-ups, sit-ups, and a few machine weights into the mix.  Just to tone, balance, and keep my metabolism amped.  I would like to eventually swap out a running day for some sort of alternative workout.  Something like kickboxing, or yoga, or pilates, or something.


Today was a good day.  Oh yeah, and it was 80 degrees and the first day of Spring Break!  What a glorious way to begin.  My next goal:  225 pounds.  This will net another 15 second increase on my intervals.

14 days down and tomorrow to go...

Day 14 stats:

Food
Breakfast:  Fruit Smoothie + raw spinach (not as a bad as it sounds)
Lunch:  Vegan Bean and Rice "Spaghetti"
Dinner:  The Ginormous Salad with a new experimental dressing
Snacks:  Dairy Free Whole Wheat Biscuits

Movement:
Type:  Run
Workout:  Intervals
Time:  42:10 min
Distance:  3.91 miles

Type:  Machine Weights
Workout:  3 sets x 15 reps
Focus:  Chest and back
Time:  15 min.









3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm getting to that tough spot, but I think I am gonna be alright.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete